Please visit us mid summer for information about the 2017 Fall Grant Cycle!
First Time Applicants: Please be advised the foundation utilizes a grant software to receive all letters of intent and applications. If this is your first time applying with us, contact Mernie at 412-481-2777 to be registered in our system.
Returning Applicants: Please click the “Start The Grant Process” button at the bottom of the page to begin your Letter of Intent (LOI).
- The Birmingham Foundation has two annual grant cycles – Spring and Fall.
- Visit our website periodically to inquire about important dates pertaining to the grant cycles, or feel free to call our office for more information.
- The Birmingham Foundation can only provide funding for organizations that operate within our geographic focus and deliver on one of our three focus areas.
- Within each focus area, there should be an emphasis on reducing risk factors, identifying the greatest needs, and the greatest gaps. The ultimate goal is that each neighborhood in South Pittsburgh be provided with the building blocks to become – and remain – stable, viable and safe communities for current and future generations.
- The Birmingham Foundation seeks to be a change agent and partners with organizations to achieve positive outcomes in South Pittsburgh neighborhoods.
- Applicants must qualify as public charity for 501(c)(3) tax exemption.
- Grants are not normally made for deficits, fundraising, religious activities, or for the efforts to influence legislation, running campaigns, general research, scholarships, political campaigns, or loans.
- Grants are awarded on a year-to-year basis.
- Most grant awards will be in the range of $2,500 to $50,000.
- Organizations who are awarded funds should skip one grant cycle before reapplying.
For additional inquiries or more information, please contact us!